Ideal for acoustic guitar, overheads, piano and group vocals
– Condenser design for studio-quality vocal and instrument applications
– Excellent sensitivity for court room recording applications
– Excels in high-SPL applications
– Extended response for smooth, natural sonic characteristics
– Low-mass element for superb transient response
– Corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connector
– Rugged design and construction for reliable performance
– Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
The AT2021 is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 48V DC phantom power, which may be provided by mixer or console, or by separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 singlechannel or CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies. Output from the microphone’s XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins and 3; Pin is ground (shield). Output phase is Pin hot – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2. To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc. Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110 degrees F (43 degrees C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
ELEMENT Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
POLAR PATTERN Cardioid
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 30-20,000 Hz
OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY 39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at Pa
IMPEDANCE 250 ohms
MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 145 dB SPL, kHz at percent T.H.D.
NOISE 19 dB SPL
DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 126 dB, kHz at Max SPL
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 75 dB, kHz at Pa
PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, mA typical
WEIGHT (less accessories) 2.9 oz (83 g)
DIMENSIONS 4.00″ (101.5 mm) long, 0.83 inches (21.0 mm) maximum body diameter
OUTPUT CONNECTOR – Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
ACCESSORIES FURNISHED Stand clamp; soft protective pouch
In the interest of standards development, A.T.U.S. offers full details on its test methods to other industry professionals on request.
1 Pascal 10 dynes/cm2 10 microbars 94 dB SPL
1 Typical, A-weighted, using Audio Precision System One.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.