Create right away!
Ultra-affordable, surprisingly powerful, and small enough to fit in your pocket, AudioBox GO™ gives you all the connections you need to record on the move or in your home studio. Whether you’re recording a guitar riff at rehearsal or a full-length solo album in your bedroom, you’ll have all the tools you need to create like a pro, right from the start. Compatible with both computers and mobile devices, the AudioBox GO is perfect for anyone who wants to get started recording fast.
Studio One® Prime and the Studio Magic software bundle for Mac® and Windows® are also included, so your new recording studio will be up and running right out of the box. With AudioBox GO , you can record wherever sound takes you and make recording the adventure that it should be.
Connect anything and sound great.
The AudioBox GO™ features a PreSonus® XMAX-L preamp, designed with over 25 years of recording-studio knowhow. Not only does it ensure that your recordings will sound clean and articulate with low noise, it also provides 50 dB of gain and +48v phantom power for professional XLR condenser microphones. The combo jack doubles as a line-level input that you can use to record keyboards, drum machines, and more! A dedicated Instrument input lets you connect an electric guitar or bass, so you can record guitar and vocals at the same time.
Small is beautiful.
True to its name, the AudioBox GO™ is so powerful and loaded with features, you’ll want to take it with you everywhere — so we made it small enough to toss into your guitar case or your laptop bag. AudioBox GO works great with Android and Apple mobile devices — but also with both laptop and desktop computers, making it an ideal interface for small home studios. It’s USB class-compliant, so there are no special drivers or applications for you to download and install. And because it’s bus-powered, there’s no power supply to fuss around with.
For more on iOS/iPadOS and Android compatibility, click here.
Loud and clear.
The AudioBox GO™ lets you connect professional studio monitors like the PreSonus Eris-series to its balanced Main outputs, while also providing a surprisingly powerful Headphone output that lets you listen in loud and clear. You also get an easy-to-use Mix control to create a monitor mix by blending the audio from your hardware inputs and your software so you can record vocals while listening to the tracks you’ve already recorded and stay inspired.
World-class recording software included.
While the AudioBox GO™ audio interface works with virtually all macOS® and Windows® audio-recording software, it comes with a free license for Studio One® Prime, giving you a complete recording solution. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. And when you’re ready to hit the road, download Capture Duo for free and enjoy two-track recording on the go.
We’re here to help.
Our friend and partner David Vignola of Home Recording Made Easy is here to help you through every step with AudioBox GO: creating your MyPreSonus account, installing your software, hooking up AudioBox Go, and even tracking and mixing your first song! The video below covers:
- Setting up your MyPreSonus account
- Registering your AudioBox GO
- Installing the Univeral Control driver package
- Installing Studio One Prime
MyPreSonus has it all!
Sign in to your MyPreSonus account to see the entire Getting Started video series — once signed in, click on Products, AudioBox GO, and then Videos to get the entire free series.
MyPreSonus is also where you’ll get the software suite that came with your AudioBox GO: Studio One Prime, the Studio Magic Software Suite, and Universal Control! We’ve even got a mobile app for MyPreSonus that makes product registration a breeze.
Get it Together.
Connecting your AudioBox GO is easy!
- Connect AudioBox GO to your computer or mobile device via a USB-C cable.
- Use the 1/Mic/Line Input on the back to connect your microphone with an XLR cable, or a line-level source like a keyboard with a 1/4″ cable—it’s a combo jack!
- Use the 2/Inst input on the back to connect your guitar or bass.
- Use the Main Outs on the back to connect your speakers with a 1/4″ cable.
- Use the Headphone Out on the front to connect your headphones.
AudioBox GO Features
- Ultra-affordable, ultra-compact, versatile USB-C® compatible audio interface for home and mobile recording with professional sound quality
- Recording Software included: Get started right away with Studio One® Prime DAW recording software and Studio Magic software bundle including music tutorials, tons of sound samples and virtual instruments.
- Bus-Powered: AudioBox GO is powered by your connected USB-C® device so no need for an additional power supply – works great with both Apple® and Android™ devices.
- Connect an instrument and a microphone at the same time: 1 TS instrument input to record guitar or bass and 1 XLR mic/line combo input to record vocals or a keyboard, drum machine, or other line-level instrument.
- Headphone Connection: 1 TRS 1/4” stereo headphone output with mix control lets you create a custom blend between your inputs and playback so you can monitor your recording with zero latency.
- Speaker Connections: 2 balanced TRS 1/4” main outputs for studio monitors or speakers.
- Professional Audio Quality: Studio-grade converters allow for up to 24-bit/96 kHz recording and playback assuring the highest quality possible.
- Professional XMAX-L Mic Preamp: Your microphone will sound its best thanks to this custom low-noise, high-headroom design with 50 dB of adjustable gain and switchable +48V phantom power for professional XLR condenser mics
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox GO. For Studio One system requirements, please click here.
- macOS version 10.13 or later
- 200 MB storage space and 4 GB RAM for Universal Control (required for firmware updates)
- Available USB port
- Windows 10 or later (64-Bit Only)
- 200 MB storage space and 4 GB RAM for Universal Control (required for firmware updates and low-latency ASIO support)
- Available USB port
The above are the hardware system requirements for this product.
DAW software and Operating System requirements vary.
VST is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
ASIO is a trademark and software of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
USB-C® is a registered trademark of USB Implementers Forum
All other trademarks are property of their respective holders
|Type||XLR female, balanced (via Combo connector Input 1)|
|Frequency Response (±3.0 dB)||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Input Impedance (Balanced)||1.4kΩ|
|THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain)||< 0.004%|
|Gain Control Range (± 1 dB)||50 dB (0 dB to +50 dB)|
|Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N)||+10 dBu (± 0.5 dBu, min gain)|
|Phantom Power (±2 VDC)||+48 VDC (±2 VDC)|
|Type||¼” TRS female, balanced (via Combo connector Input 1)|
|Input Impedance||750 kΩ|
|Max Input Level||+19 dB|
|Gain Control Range||50 dB (-20 dB to +30 dB)|
|Type||¼” TS female, unbalanced (Input 2)|
|Input Impedance||750 kΩ|
|Max Input Level||+13 dB|
|Gain Control Range||50 dB (0 dB to +50 dB)|
|Type||¼” TRS female, impedance balanced|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz, +/-0.2 dB|
|THD+N (1 kHz, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd)||<0.007%|
|Type||¼” TRS active stereo|
|Maximum Output||30 mW/ch. @ 60Ω Load|
|Frequency Response (±1.0 dB)||20 Hz – 20 kHz, +- 0.5 dB|
|THD+N (1 kHz, max gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd)||<0.08%|
|S/N Ratio (1 kHz, max gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd)||90 dB|
|Connection Type||USB 2.0 over USB-C® compatible connection|
|ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate)||90 dB|
|DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate)||102 dB|
|Reference Level for 0 dBFS||+10 dBu|
|Supported Sample Rates (kHz)||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96|
|Height||1.73” (44 mm)|
|Depth||3.3″ (84 mm)|
|Width||4.25″ (108 mm)|
|Weight||0.51 lb (0.24 kg)|