- For Video, Vlogging, YouTube, Instagram
- For Mobile Devices with USB Type-C Port
- 2 Transmitters with Built-In Mics
- 2 Omnidirectional Lavalier Mics
- Compact Dual-Channel Receiver
- Easy-to-Use Plug & Play Operation
- Adjustable Gain, Headphone Monitoring
- 7 Hours on Built-In Rechargeable Battery
- Up to 328′ Range
The Boya BY-XM6-S6 is a compact, true-wireless microphone system, offering an easy-to-use and all-inclusive solution for recording two subjects to a mobile device with a USB Type-C port. The system delivers improved sound quality over the built-in mics on tablets and mobile devices to supply clear, intelligible speech for Court Reporters, Journalists, YouTube/Instagram creators, TikTok personalities, vloggers, and more.
The package includes two clip-on transmitters, each with a built-in omnidirectional microphone, letting you quickly and easily mic up your subjects for hands-free, on-camera demonstrations, presentations, interviews, and performances. Two lavalier microphones are also included for a more discreet appearance, if desired; simply plug the mics into the 3.5mm input jacks and use the transmitters as bodypack units. The transmitters can be used with or without the lapel microphones.
The compact, dual-channel receiver offers a 328′ line-of-sight maximum operating range and plugs directly into the USB Type-C connector on your tablet or phone. A 3.5mm jack allows for headphone monitoring. The transmitter is powered for up to 7 hours by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, while the receiver is powered via the USB connector in your mobile device. The components arrive pre-paired at the factory—just power up, plug the receiver in, and you’re ready to go.
- The compact clip-on transmitters feature built-in microphones for a true-wireless solution for on-camera talent.
- Two lavalier mics are included for when a more discreet look is desired; the mics plug into the 3.5mm jacks on the transmitters.
- A fur windshield is provided for each transmitter mic and a foam windscreen is provided for each lavalier.
- The omnidirectional pickup patterns on the transmitter mics and the lav mics help to deliver consistent audio levels, even when the subjects turn away from the mic.
- The adjustable gain control on the transmitters allows you to optimize the inputs for speakers and performers with varying performance styles.
- OLED screens on the transmitters make it easy to see levels, along with battery, mute, and pairing statuses.
- Simply power On the receiver and transmitters to access reliable wireless audio functionality in an instant.
- The compact receiver plugs into the USB Type-C connector on your phone or tablet.
- The receiver features a 3.5mm headphone jack for monitoring.
- The OLED screen makes it easy to see levels, battery statuses, mute, mono/stereo, and pairing statuses.
A court reporter from Colorado –
I am a freelance reporter in Colorado and usually do several civil trials a year. I purchased two Boya wireless systems because I was worried about the batteries not lasting long enough with just one, and used both transmitters at the bench for bench conferences. First time EVER I could clearly hear the bench conferences!
I had an old Andrea Electronics microphone I used for backup recording into my software for depositions, but purchased a new “wired” mic anyway. The difference is huge, so I’m glad I replaced the old one!
I purchased the JUST MIC IV mixer so I could plug in the wired mic and ONE of the Boya systems (the second was charging and I would switch them out after lunch).
I muted the Boya system while proceedings were going on and muted the wired mic when there were bench conferences. I tried leaving both on at the same time because sometimes the judge was a bit quiet, but there was a bit of an echo. Didn’t really matter, though, because the audio was CLEAR and this courtroom was LARGE.
One of the other features I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED about the mixer is I had ear buds plugged into it, an ear bud in one ear, and I could turn up the volume, which enabled me to hear things that I could tell opposing counsel didn’t hear at times because I could see a little frown on their face and then they would look at the realtime.
SOOOO GLAD I MADE THIS PURCHASE!!!