Now, for the first time, you can get a Binaural effect similar to what you get when you put mics in your ears – without using your own ears at an affordable price!ï¾ The Binaural microphone ‘head’ has a 5/8″ threaded stand mount on the bottom for standard microphone stands. A folding removable tripod is included.
Why put microphones in an ear, you ask?
Pretty simple, really. These mics put the mic element right in the ear canal so that the microphones “hear” sound waves the same way our own ears hear sound. This results in a very realistic ‘Binaural’ recording. For more information on Binaural recording, click here and information on using a ‘dummy’ head for Binaural recording is located here.
Included with the foam “head” is our best Master Series Binaural microphone. This microphone has the lowest self-noise available and is perfect for demanding recording applications. Perfect for ASMR recordings.
- Pickup Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -24dB ±3dB @ 94dB SPL
- S/N Ratio: 80dB
- Maximum SPL at 12vdc: 120dB
- Dynamic Range: 132dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Impedance: 2.2 kOhms
- Voltage range – 2vdc -hms 12vdc (48v with phantom option)
- Current draw: 500 µA
- Dimensions: 8″ length x 3.75″ diameter
- Weight: 8.5oz (without tripod)
- Cable length: 52″