The MS-SPSM-21-MKII is a stereo Omni-directional microphone. Each bendable gooseneck has a high quality ultra-low noise, high sensitivity Omnidirectional microphone at the end. This flexibility allows the arms to be aimed very accurately at the sound source. The arms are approximately 10″ in length. A folding tripod stand is included. The microphone can be removed from the stand and attached to a standard camera tripod.
This microphone differs from other single point stereo microphones as it offers significant improvement in stereo separation over smaller single point mics. The microphone cartridges are very rugged and are hand crafted to insure lifetime of accurate recordings. The two microphone elements are each mounted in their own high quality brass shell. The microphone housings and flexible arms are covered in tough black rubber.
In addition, there are several battery modules designed for this microphone that will give this microphone increased dynamic range and the ability to record loud sounds.
The Sound Professionals single point stereo microphones are small, stereo microphones that can be plugged into any recorder (DAT, MiniDisc or analog) that supplies bias voltage of between 1.5 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack, commonly known as “plug in power”. Many of the recorders on the market today include this feature.
The Sound Professionals microphone systems have an extended frequency response and very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth midrange and clean highs. They have very wide dynamic range, and will handle very high sound pressure levels without distortion or clipping. (See details above for more info). When combined with one of the battery modules, they are designed to operate into nominal impedance of 10K Ohms.
- Pickup Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz +/-1dB
- Sensitivity: -24dB ±3dB @ 94dB SPL
- S/N Ratio (1kHz, 94 dB input, A-weighted): 80dB
- Self Noise: 14 dBA
- Maximum SPL at 12vdc: 120dB
- Dynamic Range: 106dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Impedance: 2.2 kOhms
- Voltage range – 2vdc – 12vdc (48v on XLR version)
- Current draw: 500 µA
- Can be powered by recorder that has “plug-in-power” or battery module
- Mounts quickly and easily to microphone stand with optional stand mount available below
- Provides excellent performance Vs cost
- Excellent stereo separation
- Flat frequency response
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Ultra-low noise (hiss)
- Premium windscreens are included