The SP-MMC-1 microphone is very small one piece microphone that can be plugged into any recording device with 3.5mm mono or stereo microphone input (digital recorders, computers, Steno machines, DSLR cameras) that supplies bias voltage of between 1.0 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack. Many of the recorders on the market today include this feature, commonly called “plug in power’.
The body of the microphone and connector are covered in black rubber for durability. The microphone is attached to the connector and is spring-loaded to save wear and tear on the mic jack of the recorder it’s plugged into. The microphone body is very small measuring 2″ long and about .4″ wide.
The high quality AT831 microphone element used in this microphone is made by Audio Technica, leader in the microphone industry. They offer the professional recordist the very best in sound quality at reasonable price, and offer performance unequaled in their price range. removable premium foam windscreen is included at no extra cost.
This microphone, connected in this manner, is perfect for recording lectures, business meetings, interviews, etc. It is especially useful in situations where there is background noise that you are trying to reduce in your recording.
The SP-MMM-1 microphone has an extended frequency response and very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth midrange and clean highs. It has very wide dynamic range.
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 65 dB, kHz at PA
- Dynamic Range: 87dB
- Frequency Response: 40- 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -42 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 116 dB SPL, kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Flat frequency response
- Can be used directly with recorder that has “plug-in-power”
- Superior audio performance for semiprofessional/high end applications
- Also available wired for “Dual mono” so that the mono signal appears on both channels of stereo recorder. Order “dual mono” option above.