Note: This model is NOT recommended for Court Reporting. The sensitivity of this microphone is intended for use with medium to loud situations. Court reporters should look at this model.
The SP-MMM-1 microphone is very small, one piece microphone that can be plugged into any recorder (DAT, MiniDisc or analog) or computer microphone input that supplies bias voltage between 1.5 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack. Many of the recorders on the market today include this feature, commonly called “plug in power’. The microphone is very small measuring about 1″ long. The mic element is built right into the end of a high quality gold plated 1/8” mini plug.
This microphone, connected in this manner, is perfect for recording sounds that can be somewhat loud at times. A high quality, removable windscreen is included with the microphone. The microphone is mono, but when plugged into stereo recorder, it will produce audio on both channels.
The SP-MMM-1 microphone has an extended frequency response and very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth midrange and clean highs. It has very wide dynamic range, and will handle very high sound pressure levels without distortion or clipping when combined with one of our battery modules.
- Flat frequency response
- Can be used directly with recorder that has “plug-in-power”
- Low sensitivity for loud situations
- Pickup Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz +/-1dB
- Sensitivity: -42dB ±3dB @ 94dB SPL
- S/N Ratio (1kHz, 94 dB input, A-weighted): 60dB
- Self Noise: 34 dBA
- Maximum SPL at 12vdc: 120dB
- Dynamic Range: 85dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Impedance: 2.2 kOhms
- Voltage range – 2vdc – 12vdc (48v on XLR version)
- Current draw: 500 µA