The SP-SPSM-13 is an Omnidirectional stereo microphone that can be plugged directly into the mic input jack of your recorder and has no cables. It has an optional, removable, black lavaliere style clip available that can be used to attach the microphone to an article of clothing such as lapel or necktie or to any convenient mounting surface.
The microphone is very small measuring approximately 1.5″ wide and sits flush on the product it’s plugged into. The upper portion of the microphone which houses the two microphone elements consists of high quality brass shell covered in black rubber, and is approximately 1/4″ in diameter. Removable premium black foam windscreens are provided at no additional cost.
- Pickup Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz +/-1dB
- Sensitivity: -30dB ±3dB @ 94dB SPL
- S/N Ratio (1kHz, 94 dB input, A-weighted): 68dB
- Self Noise: 26 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL at 12vdc: 115dB
- Dynamic Range: 109dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Impedance: 2.2 kOhms
- Voltage range – 2vdc – 12vdc (48v on XLR version)
- Current draw: 500 µA
- Flat frequency response
- Can be powered by recorder that has “plug-in-power” or battery module
- Mounts quickly and easily to recorder-no wires to worry about
- Provides excellent performance Vs cost
- Premium windscreens included
The Sound Professionals single point stereo microphones are small, stereo microphones that can be plugged into any recorder (DAT, MiniDisc or analog) that supplies bias voltage of between 1.5 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack, commonly known as “plug in power”. Many of the recorders on the market today include this feature.
When connected to your recorder in this manner, these microphones are perfect for recording lectures, business meetings, and musical performances when an easy to setup and use microphone is required. For situations that do require wider stereo separation, we recommend the Mini Binaurals or Mini Cardioids.
The Sound Professionals microphone systems have an extended frequency response and very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth midrange and clean highs. They have very wide dynamic range, and will handle very high sound pressure levels without distortion or clipping. (See details above for more info). When combined with one of the battery modules, they are designed to operate into nominal impedance of 10K Ohms.