The SP-SPSM-8 is a mini gooseneck microphone. This microphone uses an ultra-high sensitivity omnidirectional or cardioid microphone element (select in option box), mounted on a flexible boom arm. This flexibility allows the arm to be aimed in the direction you want it and also moves the mic element away from your recording device to reduce unwanted vibrations and sounds from the recording device.
Omnidirectional mics are the right choice when you want to pick up sounds in all directions. These are great choice for use with Steno machines!
Made in the USA.
- – Dynamic Range: 81dB without battery module, 95dB with battery module
- – Signal To Noise Ratio: >62 dB, kHz at Pa
- – Frequency Response: 20 20,000 Hz +/- 1dB
- – Open Circuit Sensitivity: -23 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at Pa
- – Maximum Input Sound Level: 98 dB SPL, kHz at 1% T.H.D. (113dB with battery module)
- – Small size
- – Premium windscreen included
- – Can be powered by a device (recorder, computer, steno machine, USB adapter, etc? that has “plug-in-power”)
- – Provides excellent performance Vs cost
The Sound Professionals microphones are small, mono microphones that can be plugged into any 3.5mm microphone input that supplies bias voltage of between 1.5 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack, commonly known as “plug in power”. Many of the recorders on the market today include this feature.
The Sound Professionals microphone systems have an extended frequency response and very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth midrange and clean highs. They have very wide dynamic range, and will handle very high sound pressure levels without distortion or clipping. (See details above for more info). When combined with one of the battery modules, they are designed to operate into nominal impedance of 10K Ohms.