Note: This microphone is compatible with all Windows and Mac operating systems.
Designed and manufactured in the USA by The Sound Professionals, these are among the smallest, most powerful USB microphones available, and are popular choice for court reporters, students, business people, voice recognition purposes, Skype communication, VOIP and Podcasting anyone that needs to record high quality audio into computer!
This is an all-in-one high quality USB microphone, combining high quality miniature computer soundcard and microphone in one small device. It is capable of picking up all of the sounds in an entire room (click the specification tab for effective pickup range). Its small size (about the size of USB flash drive) makes it perfect for situations where you don’t want to draw attention to the fact that you are recording audio right into your computer. It also includes headphone jack that offers real-time monitoring of the sound being recorded, and has high quality sound output for playback of mono or stereo sources.
This microphone will work with any audio recording program you want to use. If you don’t already have audio recording software, you can download the full featured Windows shareware CDWAVE software program. For multitrack recording, you can download Audacity instead. For Mac users, Garage Band works well.
- High sensitivity, high fidelity mono omnidirectional microphone built-in (see specifications for details)
- Headphone monitor jack with independent controls so you can hear what you are recording. Also serves as the headphone output for playback. (The real-time headphone monitor is not activated with Mac). If you need headphones, see the suggested accessories list.
- Microphone jack for an external microphone. If an external microphone is plugged in, the sound from the external mic is blended with the built-in microphone. Microphone must be compatible with computer mic inputs. If you need an external microphone with the same sound quality as the mic built in, this is an excellent choice.
- Optional USB extenders are available for tight clearance USB ports. See the suggested accessories list.
- Optional USB extension cables available if you want to move the mic away from the computer, or if you want to attach the mic to the lid of a laptop with some Velcro (not supplied). See the suggested accessories list.