- 6 x High-Gain XLR Mic Inputs with +48V
- 6 x Independent Headphone Outputs
- 9 Sound Pads, 4 Banks for Music/Samples
- Mix-Minus for 2 Echo-Free Remote Callers
- Onboard Recording & Editing Controls
- Tone-Enhancing Options & Noise Reduction
- Separate Gain, Mute & Headphone Volume
- Powered via Batteries, AC, or USB
- Supports SDXC Cards up to 512GB
- Class-Compliant Mode for iOS Devices
Purpose-built for recording, editing, and producing polished multi-person podcasts anywhere you go without the need for a computer, the Zoom PodTrak P8 is a portable multitrack podcast recorder that lets you quickly record up to six mics, handle 2 echo-free remote call-ins simultaneously, trigger sound samples, and provide separate headphone feeds for all your guests, all at the same time and with refreshing simplicity, thanks to the large full-color LCD touchscreen.
From the intuitive, tactile controls to the powerful audio processing and editing functions, the PodTrak P8 is well equipped to help you record, stream, and export pristine audio for complex panel podcasts. Dynamic and condenser mics, customizable sound pads, call-ins via your smartphone or computer, and independent headphone outs; the PodTrak P8 can manage everything you need a podcast production station to do.
Extra touches including per-channel tone controls, compression/de-essing, limiters, low-cut filters, and noise reduction—all stellar tools for achieving professional-sounding tracks, an integrated mix-minus function to prevent echo and feedback for remote guests, and multiple powering methods make the PodTrak P8 a truly powerful all-in-one solution for podcasting.
PodTrack P8 vs P4
How does the PodTrak P8 differ from the smaller PodTrak P4? The P8 is made to handle even more complex podcasts with even more people. The P8 packs in more mic preamps, more headphone outputs (plus speaker outputs), more sound pads, more ways to sweeten your signal, a set of fluid editing functions, and a large 4.3″ full-color touchscreen for intuitive access to all tweakable settings. Plus, with the P8, you can edit and export full podcasts without ever touching a computer.
For optimal configuration in your home studio, the PodTrak P8 also has two balanced 1/4″ speaker outputs with a dedicated volume control; just plug them into a pair of active monitors, turn up the volume, and listen away.
Whether you use TRRS, USB, or both, the PodTrak P8 automatically prevents echo and feedback with its built-in mix-minus feature; your remote guests will never be distracted by hearing their own voice echo back to them.
Alternatively, use the PodTrak P8 as a 2-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface (at 16-bit / 44.1 kHz) with your Mac/Windows computer or iOS/Android mobile device (separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit is required for use with iOS devices).
- Mic Preamp Gain: A simple slider adjusts the mic preamp gain while the meter is divided into Low, Good, and Over sections to help you set the level properly
- Limiter: Prevents distortion from sudden spikes in level
- Low-Cut Filter: Reduces wind noise, blowing, and other kinds of low-frequency rumble
- Tone: Drag the slider to make the sound brighter or warmer
- Compresser/DeEsser: Provides more presence and impact
Plus, a selectable Noise Reduction setting automatically lowers the volume of silent mic tracks to reduce overall background noise.
- Ideal for international use, the PodTrak P8’s touchscreen can be set to one of six languages—English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Japanese
- Color-coded inputs, outputs, and controls make on-the-fly adjustments a breeze and keep you focused on the discussion
- Transfer track files to your computer to do a final mix in your favorite DAW software