New! The next generation in Binaural In-ear microphones have 17dB less noise (hiss), 10dB more sensitivity and 10dB higher max SPL than our standard model. They measure an amazing 19dB of equivalent self noise. This means that your recording will have noticeably less background hiss and greater dynamic range than previously possible with in-ear binaural microphones! Compare these to the best omnidirectional microphones anywhere and you will see why these offer the highest level performance at fraction of the cost of other similar mics.
An informative discussion about in-ear binaural microphone on MiniDisc discussion board
Recommended accessories and descriptions
Windscreens: Since there are some variances in the shape of the human ear, and especially for customers with larger than average ears, and/or for windy situations, soft foam windscreens are available. These windscreens are acoustically transparent, and allow sound to pass through to your ears and the microphones completely unchanged. They are available in tan and standard black. These are also handy for those recordists who need the microphones to be very unobtrusive as they completely cover the mic element.
Microphone power supply (Battery Modules): For loud recording situations, the mics need more power than typical recorder can provide. You can also use battery module to adjust bass response and adjust levels. See the details on each module for features and specifications.
- Flat frequency response – 20-20,000Hz
- Extremely low noise for the quietest recordings (74dB signal to noise ratio)
- High sensitivity -30dB
- High maximum sound pressure level (SPL): 110dB with normal “plug-in-power” and 125dB with one of our power modules
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Small size
- Cable length – 59″
- Can be used directly with any recorder that has “plug-in-power” or with battery module
- Produces extremely realistic recordings