Is it case? Is it stereo microphone? It’s BOTH!
The SP-STEALTH-MIC-CASE-2 is High Gain, High Sensitivity Omnidirectional stereo microphone that is built right into rugged, latching case that holds your digital recorder (not included) inside. To the untrained eye, it looks like simple case for GPS, portable hard drive, etc. sitting on your desk when in reality, tucked neatly inside, is your digital recorder. The microphones pick up wide area, up to 70-80 feet away and produce are very natural, accurate recording.
The microphones are built right into the sides of the S3-T2000 black case, with one mic located on each side, facing out. Look closely at the photograph and you will see one of the microphones. Because the mics are black, they blend in well with the color of the box and are difficult to see unless the box is inspected closely. To use the ‘microphone’, simply place your recorder inside the box, plug the connector into the microphone input and hit record! The box can be placed right on table or other flat surface, or right on your lap at live performance.
This microphone has an extended frequency response and very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth mid-range and clean highs. The microphone elements require stereo recording device that provides bias voltage between 1.5 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack. Many of the recorders on the market today include this feature, commonly called “plug in power”. It has very wide dynamic range, and will handle very high sound pressure levels without distortion or clipping. For very loud recordings, you need to add microphone power supply. You can either add small module that will fit in the box with your recorder like this one.
- Pickup Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz +/-1dB
- Sensitivity: -30dB ±3dB @ 94dB SPL
- S/N Ratio (1kHz, 94 dB input, A-weighted): 68dB
- Self Noise: 26 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL at 12vdc: 115dB
- Dynamic Range: 109dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Impedance: 2.2 kOhms
- Voltage range – 2vdc – 12vdc (48v on XLR version)
- Current draw: 500 µA
- Flat frequency response
- Setup is quick and easy no long wires to worry about
- Provides excellent performance Vs cost
- Excellent stereo image Simple to use!
- Compact case to store or transport small products
- Slim line design allows case to easily fit into any backpack or briefcase
- Durable, hard shell exterior to protect valuables
- Exterior strap for easy carrying
- Secure latches
- Outside dimensions (inches): 6 1/2 x 3 7/8 x 1 5/8
- Inside dimensions (inches): 6 x 3 3/8 x 1 1/4