- Plug & Record Set for DIY Videographer
- Audio Technica cW-Style 4-Pin Connection
- Bodypack Transmitter
- Triple-Diversity Camera-Mount Receiver
- Protected Peer-to-Peer Connection
- Easy to Use, Flexible Operation
- Balanced Output & Headphone Output
- 7-Hr Batteries + USB Power
- Up to 8 Mics on Set / 100′ Range
The Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1701 is a digital wireless microphone system specifically engineered to meet the audio needs of vloggers, mobile journalists, and videographers. It provides an easy-to-operate solution with sophisticated technology to ensure reliability and high-quality audio for projects ranging from YouTube and wedding videos to corporate spots and interviews.
The ATW-1701 features a bodypack transmitter with a cW-style 4-pin locking connector, allowing you to plug in a compatible lavalier or headset mic of your choice. The camera-mount receiver connects to your DSLR or mirrorless camera with the included 3.5mm output cable. The System 10 operates anywhere in the world, transmitting 24-bit/48 kHz audio in the 2.4 GHz spectrum, well away from potential TV and radio interference.
This peer-to-peer system delivers three levels of diversity assurance—frequency, time, and space—for optimal performance at a range up to 100′. Just power up the components, and the receiver automatically seeks out a clean frequency and pairs up with the transmitter, saving you the hassle of scanning and syncing before a shoot. Up to eight wireless mics may be used on set at once.
- Space Diversity: The receiver compares the signal showing up at its two antennas and chooses the strongest one.
- Time Diversity: The transmitter sends the digital signal in two imperceptibly different time slots and compares the two.
- Frequency Diversity: The digital audio is sent over two different frequencies at the same time and the system chooses the cleaner one.
- For optimal performance, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver.
- The level control on the transmitter can be set to match the sensitivity of your microphone or audio source for distortion-free input .
- The output level on the receiver can be reduced by 10 or 20 dB if you find you’re overloading the input to your camera or recording device. The 3.5mm output can be switched to deliver either a balanced or unbalanced signal.
- Both the transmitter and receiver are housed in lightweight, plastic chassis and equipped with belt clips. The included shoemount allows you to easily mount the receiver to your camera.
- With just a quick press, the power switch on the transmitter doubles as a mute function. This function can be locked out to prevent an accident.
- Conveniently, the receiver’s LCD display shows critical information for the receiver as well as the transmitter—including battery status, signal level, mute status, and channel selection for both units.
- An additional 3.5mm output on the receiver allows you to monitor your signal while recording—helpful if your camera doesn’t offer a headphone jack.
- The receiver features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that provides up to 12 hours of operation. Using the included power adapter, the battery can be recharged via USB in about 4.5 hours, while in operation.
- On the transmitter’s end, power is supplied by two AA batteries, giving you up to 7 hours of shooting time depending on battery type and usage.
- With this peer-to-peer system, you can only use one transmitter and one receiver at once. However, up to 8 transmitters can be paired with the receiver ahead of time. This is useful in situations when you have multiple speakers, one after another, and you need to have them miked up and ready to go. All you’ll have to do is turn one transmitter off and the next one on.
- For man-on-the-street interviews or if you need to pass the mic between several people, you can add the ATW-T1002 handheld transmitter/microphone to your system.
Audio-Technica ATW-1701 Specs
|Wireless Technology||Digital 2.4 GHz|
|Included Transmitters||1 x Bodypack|
|Diversity||Frequency, Time & Space Diversity|
|RF Frequency Band||2400 to 2483.5 MHz|
|Max Operating Range||100′ / 30.5 m (Line of Sight)|
|Max Transmitters per Band||8|
|Sample Rate/Resolution||48 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Dynamic Range||>109 dBA|
|Mounting Options||Belt Clip, Shoe-Mount (with Included Hardware)|
|Antenna||2 x External, Detachable|
|Number of Audio Channels||1|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS Female Balanced/Unbalanced Output
1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone Output
|Audio Output Level||1/8″ / 3.5 mm Output:
+6 dBV (Balanced)
1/8″ / 3.5 mm Output:
0 dBV (Unbalanced)
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz (Dependent on Mic)|
|USB/Lightning Connectivity||1 x Micro-USB (Bus Power, Charging)|
|Power Requirements||Battery, Bus Power (USB)|
|Battery Type||1 x Built-In Rechargeable (Not Replaceable)|
|Internal Battery Capacity||1460 mAh|
|Battery Charging Time||4 Hours|
|Approx. Battery Life||12 Hours (Lithium Rechargeable)|
|Display & Indicators||1 x LCD (Battery Status, Channel, Mute, RF Level)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Dimensions||2.2 x 3.6 x 1.1″ / 55.9 x 91.4 x 27.9 mm|
|Weight||3.7 oz / 104.9 g|
|RF Output Power||10 mW|
|Audio I/O||1 x Hirose cW-Style 4-Pin Male Input (Lockable)|
|Audio Input Level||(Mic Level, Instrument Level)|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Antenna||1 x External, Fixed (Beltpack)|
|Battery Type||2 x AA (Not Included)|
|Approx. Battery Life||7 Hours (Alkaline)|
|Display & Indicators||1 x LCD (Channel)|
|Dimensions||2.7 x 4.2 x 0.9″ / 68.6 x 106.7 x 22.9 mm|
|Weight||3.5 oz / 99.2 g|
|Package Weight||1.495 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.05 x 7.1 x 3.2″|