The Premium Audio Technica microphones include a matched set of Audio Technica U853 microphones. These microphone come with permanently installed, high quality, double shielded microphone cables and an all-metal body. Removable clips and windscreens are included. The standard configuration comes with the two microphone cables terminated together into standard stereo gold plated 1/8″ mini plug. This high SPL versions (with XLR phantom connectors) come with each mic on a separate cable and connector.
Maintaining the Audio-Technica tradition of clear and transparent sound quality, the U853A cardioid condenser microphone is ideal for music, speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording. The microphones fast transient response and low distortion characteristics allow every complex detail to be heard with all its impact-rich, vibrant qualities faithfully reproduced. Equipped with UniGuard innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U853A accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine line cardioid (mini shotgun) polar patterns.
- Includes one pair of removable clips
- Includes one pair of standard windscreens (SP-PREM-WS)
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Smooth off-axis frequency response
- Accepts optional interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90 degrees to 360 degrees
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on “plug in power” or an optional microphone battery power supply
There are several ways to power these microphones. Each of these options provides the same sound quality, the only difference is the maximum sound pressure level (SPL) the mics can handle.
- The microphones can be powered with normal “plug-in-power”, available on many portable recorders and camcorders. With this type of power, the mics will handle reasonable sound levels. If you will be using the mics in high SPL (sound pressure level) situations, the microphones require additional power, beyond the normal “plug in power”. You will need to use one of the powering schemes described below:
- For strong sound levels, consistent with loud amplified concerts, you can add battery module for increased high SPL performance and dynamic range. We also recommend that you add the “Low sensitivity” modification as an option.
- If your recorder/mixer, etc. supplies “plug in power” (NOT phantom power), we recommend this version, with a miniplug connector
|Form Factor||Matched Stereo Pair|
|Frequency Range||30 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||133 dB SPL|
|Dynamic Range||109 dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||70 dB (1 kHz, at 1 Pa/94 dB SPL)|
There are no reviews yet.